Hey, everyone! So I’m officially 21 years old since the 6th March just gone. I thought I’d do a blog post on 21 things I’ve learned, now I’m 21 years old. Maybe you can relate to some of them or you can learn from them…
- No one has a clue what they’re doing, but that’s okay. Take your time, follow your heart and be patient with yourself.
- You are priority number one! And don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Your health and happiness come above all. Respect yourself.
- Spend as much time as you can with loved ones; especially parents and grandparents because they’re getting older. Time is precious, spend it with those who matter the most.
- It’s okay to not be okay all of the time. Even the strongest people need a little break every so often. Write it out, take a day off, do something you love to put yourself back on track.
- Get rid of the negative people from your life. You don’t need that energy bringing you down all the time. Be positive, onward and upwards!
- Spread your love; to strangers, friends, colleagues, family and most importantly yourself. If you can’t love yourself, how can you expect to love others and have that love returned?
- Work hard. Do the best you can, and take the steps to where you want to go. If you don’t try hard, you could miss opportunities.
- Life experiences are better than material objects. So get out there!
- Photograph, video or document the important moments in your life. So you don’t forget them and you can look back on the memories and achievements you’ve made.
- Always be kind to yourself and others. Compassion and humility are beautiful traits that you should project.
- Follow your dreams. If they don’t work out then at least you tried and you know what to aim for next.
- Forgive people, because you’re not perfect yourself. We’re all human and we make mistakes. Move on from what’s been done and learn from it.
- NEVER look up your symptoms online, because it will only make you worse. And if you stress about it, it could cause other problems. Go see a doctor or nurse to be checked out.
- What people say and do, is more of a reflection of them, than it is you. And vice versa.
- Not matter what you’re feeling or going through. You’re not the only one. There are others going through the same situations and feelings as you, all around the world.
- Social media can be toxic, especially when you’re scrolling through it 24/7.
- Don’t get too comfortable with anything. As soon as you’re in your own little comfort bubble, something or someone will come along and pop it. Step out of it otherwise, you’ll never grow as an individual. Discover new passions, make new friends, try new foods. It can be scary, but the rewards are better.
- Failure and rejection are inevitable. But try not to be so hard yourself when it happens. They’re key to your learning process; it gives you the chance to reevaluate and prepare you to improve for next time.
- If you don’t like something in your life. Change it. Don’t feel like you’re stuck, don’t waste your time on something if you’re not passionate about it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It may not be easy to do, but life is hard and going through it alone is harder. So whether it’s asking a lecturer a question on an assignment, or having a deep discussion with someone. It’s worth it.
- Your parents know best. Looking back you realise how your parents are always right. You should listen to their wisdom and knowledge more!
I hope you enjoy this blog post guys. Until next time!